August 21, 2007

No More Mister Nice Guy

Well, it's coming up to the end of the month. And I am, uh, perilously close to broke. No money for rent, no money for an overdue electric bill, just enough money for food for a week or so.

If you want to see me abase and humiliate myself, you can read this. I'm pretty much in the same place now financially. Not a nice place.

And I'd beg and plead and stuff, but honestly. I mean, honestly. And that woman now has a gig at The Atlantic. (Right side, where the blaghsters are listed.)

The writing here over the last week or so has been not bad, I think. I'm feeling a bit better physically at the moment, and there's lots more coming, on all kinds of subjects. I'm just getting started again.

So okay, consider this begging. But let me just say, with regard to many (most? probably most) of the more prominent "libertarians" who so self-identify online these days, I'd almost sooner be a Stalinist. One of the reasons I say, "Call Me 'Lefty.'" With a heavy emphasis on the anarchism as far as theory goes, and none at all on the whole, you know, communist thing. I'll have a lot more on that soon.

I have no idea what's wrong with some of these "libertarians." Actually, that's not true. I think I have a very good idea what's wrong with them, and I'll get around to that at some point.

In the meantime, the cats need to eat, too. And we've all been hot as hell the last week, although it's beginning to cool off now. We don't have any airconditioning, and couldn't afford to run it even if we did. So the cats pant, and I sweat.

And no money. Your move.

(P.S. I am enormously grateful to all those who support my writing here, in whatever manner and to whatever extent. I hope you all know that, although events over the last couple of months have left me woefully and inexcusably behind with thank-you notes. I'm trying to put all the energy I have into writing here. I'll do my best to express my gratitude individually to some extraordinarily kind donors in the very near future.

But honest to God. I mean, honest to God: "Moreover, as a class, the old and sick have some culpability in their ill health." At least the nausea helps to keep my appetite down...in fact, I may not eat now until next week. Some money saved right there. And after all, the nausea is obviously my fault.

So, there you are. And here I am. Or, as IOZ occasionally likes to observe, with a grateful nod to Groucho:
Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... now you tell me what you know.
Ah, Groucho: infinitely wiser than "libertarians" any day. Scans better, too.)