October 01, 2017

Please, I Seriously Need Your Help

I'll get to the financial dreariness in a moment. First, though, I think I understand now how to get on with the writing I want to do. As you can see, I've begun a discussion of the latest Ken Burns paean to murder, mayhem and State power (forgive the redundancies). I'm well into the second part, which will likely be the conclusion as well (but maybe not, we'll see). I'm also anxious to address the issues raised here; I hope to get to that in a week or two. And I have several other essays in various stages of preparation.

It would take too long, and doubtless be tedious in the extreme, to explain the strategies I've adopted to deal with my varied (and increasing) physical infirmities. But I've had to change many of the ways I go about writing so as to accommodate my weaknesses and problems. For now, I know how to get it done, although it takes far, far longer than in the past for me to put an article together. But as long as I can manage it, I'll forge ahead.

It's the first of the month again. Sort of snuck up on me this time. Things have been very, very tight for the last couple of months, and the result is that I am now flat broke. I mean, flat broke. I have $5.00 (yeah, five) in my wallet, about $50 in my checking account -- and the credit card I use to buy groceries is maxed out. I can scrounge together food for about three days; after that, I have nothing to eat at all. (Don't really have anything to eat now but, as I said, I can scrounge.) Don't worry: I always have plenty of cat food. The Serene Being eats even if everyone else starves! Sasha is a creature of light and love. She certainly hasn't started any wars lately. We don't count her excursions against the occasional little bug; some might view them as a courageous health measure!

In any case, it is the first of the month and, since I have no source of income other than donations here, I have nothing for rent, food, internet service, or anything else. Help! Please. If you can make a donation in any amount, Sasha and I will sing your praises unto the goddesses themselves. Seriously, I will be profoundly grateful for your kindness, as always.

And there will be more posts coming up soon! The next one should arrive in a day or two, maybe three. Soon!

Many, many thanks for reading here, and for all your support.